PHP programming language introduction
PHP is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language designed for web development but also used as a general-purpose programming language.
Basic facts about php programming language
- PHP language first appeared was released in the year 1995.
- PHP originally created and designed by Rasmus Lerdorf.
- PHP develop by Zend Technologies with PHP License
- PHP originally called "Personal Home Page Tools (PHP Tools)" and now stands for the recursive backronym "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor".
PHP Usage Statistics
According to the data from builtwith about websites using PHP language to develop websites.
- 419,791 of 949,230 websites or 44.2% of top 1 million websites on the Internet using PHP language.
- 39,681 of 100,000 websites or 39.7% of top 100 thousand websites on the Internet using PHP language.
- 4,145 of 10,000 websites or 41.4% of top 10 thousand websites on the Internet using PHP language.
The elePHPant is a PHP programming language mascot.